Writer. Speaker. Attorney. Teacher.
Providing family law mediation services in Washington State.
Why work with Brita
- Licensed in Washington since 1997 and Texas since 2019.
- Practiced criminal law for first three years of practice, family law from 2000 to 2018 and estate planning from 2014 to 2021.
- Litigator with hundreds of jury trials and even more bench trials.
- Knows family law, knows how attorneys and judges think, and how to talk with people in order for both litigants to walk away from mediation feeling heard and that resolution was fair.
- Keeps things as simple as possible.
- Will be fully prepared for mediation having fully reviewed submitted mediation statement and pleadings.
- No nonsense direct style, but with empathy and a deep understanding of people.
- All agreements will be signed the day of mediation.
- The emphasis is on reaching agreements that will actually work for the parties.
What to expect in mediation with Brita
- All mediations on Zoom for foreseeable future.
- Shuttle/caucus mediation. (Parties are in separate break-out rooms with their attorney. Brita shuttles between the breakout rooms).
- All written materials are due to Brita no later than two business days prior to mediation.
- We start mediation promptly at 9:00 a.m. (Pacific for WA mediations & Central for Texas mediations) and Brita goes back and forth between the parties to work through the issues.
- When agreements are made, we keep them, draw up binding settlement agreements and we all e-sign them.
- We will work until settlement is reached, even if into the evening, until 7:00 p.m. if absolutely necessary. This is at Brita’s discretion.
Fee for working with Brita
- All fees are fixed. No hourly billing. Everyone will know the cost of mediation prior to mediation beginning.
- Half day mediation (only on extremely limited issues and with Brita’s approval) $2,000.00 ($1,000.00 paid by each party).
- Full day mediation. $4,000.00 ($2,000.00 paid by each party).
- Half day mediation (only on extremely limited issues and with Brita’s approval) $1,500.00 ($750.00 paid by each party).
- Full day mediation. $2,200.00 ($1,100.00 paid by each party).
How to work with Brita
One of the attorneys needs to fill out the mediation intake form below to begin the process.